United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335penguin View Post
I'm pretty sure the wheels I mentioned are functional, they are super lightweight and strong from what I hear but I'm a girl and must not know anything about wheels please enlighten me. Yes I get it they are super pricey but I also bought a super pricey car keyword bought not leasing so maybe I want some really nice wheels for a car I plan on keeping for a while. Although I could buy some Avant Garde m580's and take the extra couple thousand and buy some Louboutin heels
Lightweight and super strong don't work well together in terms of durability. Only wheels that last the length of time you are talking about are the heavy stockers with a good amount of sidewall. Track or any lightweight wheels are meant for smooth surfaces not potholes. Ive destroyed many forged lightweight wheels and fast. My stock 20s plow through the streets of NYC like soldiers. Forged wheels are more likely to crack than bend which sucks for repairs. Ive purchased and replaced barrel after barrel.

I like the wheel you are choosing but i would go another route if your'e looking for a wheel thats going to last many years. IMHO no wheel is expected to last more than a few years and especially larger diameter wheels running lower profile tires to compensate the wheel height difference. AGs will bend. Ive had great success with BBS cast wheels. Very strong.

I can see you know your stuff im just sharing my experience with light weight wheels.
Appreciate 0