View Single Post
      03-15-2016, 11:33 PM   #231
335penguin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye 535i View Post
Lightweight and super strong don't work well together in terms of durability. Only wheels that last the length of time you are talking about are the heavy stockers with a good amount of sidewall. Track or any lightweight wheels are meant for smooth surfaces not potholes. Ive destroyed many forged lightweight wheels and fast. My stock 20s plow through the streets of NYC like soldiers. Forged wheels are more likely to crack than bend which sucks for repairs. Ive purchased and replaced barrel after barrel.

I like the wheel you are choosing but i would go another route if your'e looking for a wheel thats going to last many years. IMHO no wheel is expected to last more than a few years and especially larger diameter wheels running lower profile tires to compensate the wheel height difference. AGs will bend. Ive had great success with BBS cast wheels. Very strong.

I can see you know your stuff im just sharing my experience with light weight wheels.
Much appreciated, I love to hear people's stories and experiences so that I can learn from them one of the main reasons I'm on BP. If someone knows something I don't and it's helpful to me I appreciate them telling me so thank you
Appreciate 0