View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 03:24 PM   #51
speedyman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
I think we need EWG control before we draw any conclusions as this point.

Just know a flash is an insta-void on your warranty. It isn't a maybe anymore with the new ISTA, it is gone. Anytime your SA plugs into your car, this data is now uploaded to BMW so your warranty is gone. That means piggies are your only choice if you want to retain your powertrain warranty.
^^^^^^This, exactly. Sucks as I would much rather have a true ECM flash. I'll probably give one of these piggy backs a try but just have concerns about the lean conditions that I've seen in these logs.
I read through a few threads about JB4s on another forum and some of the guys claim to have some serious SOTP improvements in M5s and M550is.
How much boost do you think these motors can handle and stay in one piece for say 50,000 miles? My prior experience is with supercharged Ford V8s with Zoeler forged pistons, forged crankshafts, Manley 4340 rods. Going from 8 lbs to say 14 on those 4.6L motors was a profound increase in performance as in going from 13 second 1/4 miles to mid 11s.
I'm nowhere near the break in point on my '21 M50i and have not run it anywhere near redline but am seriously impressed with the stock power and that is here in the SW FL severe heat and very high humidity none of which are favorable to FI engines.
Appreciate 0