View Single Post
      04-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #26
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguyred View Post
so according to the "expert reviewer" the Teluride is rated higher than X5 based on daily driver features.
His ranking categories are not logical. Each person has their own factors that they consider important in their vehicle. For instance, many people like to have decent acceleration everyday and not just weekends. In fact, some people consider it a safety issue if they have a vehicle that accelerates too slowly. Another would be comfort, I personally enjoy it on weekends also.

As far as value goes, no one buys a BMW, or any other comparable make, for value as defined by the utility of the vehicle. Where the value is in a BMW is the entire package of comfort, handling, technology, enjoyment, etc.

I see nothing wrong with cross-shopping a Telluride if your main objective is to buy an SUV not a performance/luxury oriented SUV. Kia/Hyunda has made great strides in their quality and have some nice offerings.

It may be best to list your top 5 or so reasons (and/or required features) for wanting an SUV and then see which vehicles fit those. It could be that both will meet them so then you can make your choice on aesthetics, budget, extra features, etc. Good luck with your decision.
Appreciate 1
kleo12.00