12-14-2023, 09:16 AM   #108
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
Play Billy Idol's 'White Wedding' (remastered version) from spotify and it sounds excellent. I think the HK system just lacks advanced DSP processing so it basically sounds as good or bad as the source is.

Rob
Right you are, well that could be said about any audio recording. I like a bit of bass in my music and I like to feel it as well so I increased the bass frequencies in the equalizer and have no issue with the amount of bass and bass drum I get from the HK. Certainly you can go too far in that regard but playing around with it using multiple songs and finding your personal likes worked for me. Simply increasing the bass (not with the equalizer) was less than acceptable to me, I don't know what frequencies that incorporates so I left it flat) I don't hear high frequencies well so I cranked them up too :-0 I also get somewhat tinny (lack of bass) sounds on certain songs like old Beatle tunes from the early 60's but I know it's the source. In the case of the old Beatle music, I recorded those from my albums and meant to run the recordings through an audio editor but just haven't done so yet - ugh.

Here are the settings I'm happy with. Hearing sounds is a very individual thing but to the point of mscot's post, I believe the HK system is capable of producing the bass he/she is looking for given the right source and audio settings. Unless the subs or amplifier sub out are defective.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0