Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfalc09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfalc09 View Post
Just completed my install and it is much harder then it looks in this write up. The + tab on the reflector makes it very difficult to maneuver into position. I do not see how they could have gotten the reflector in place going outside in. There is just not enough room to wedge the reflector through the outside.
Yeah ... I did the install 2 months ago... thought it would take me 30min... took hours. The first one took about 2 hours to install. Like you said, getting the new painted reflector installed from the outside-in was near impossible. I finally figured it out, but most frustrating install I've ever had to do. You would think they would show a more detailed instruction/visual on this step given how difficult it is. Once I figured out how to get it in, the other side only took me 20min or so.
I actually never figured it out and cut the + tag off. How did you get it in?
The reflector has to be positioned downward first and inserted and then you have to pull the shit out of the top of the wheel well (the part that's been separated from the car) to create enough clearance behind it to insert the top part of the reflector and the tab to pivot. You have to pull on the wheel well piece almost like you're trying to rip it off of the car.