View Single Post
      04-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #16
Milangel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyo View Post
I took a stab at this install today. I must say that I thought it was easier to do on my F15 given that there was more room to work with behind the fender. It took me over an hour for the first side and less than 30 minutes for the second. 2 time saving tips that I learned while working on the first side is to buy 2 rivets and remove the ones that hold an internal plastic liner tight against the fender. I have marked up the IND pic to show the rivet location. The second is when removing the fender flare, the bottom vertical tab actually points straight down on the inside so its best to bend it up from inside the fender liner and push it out from there. The other fender tabs after that are accessible by hand and are easy to get out once the bottom tab of free.

I have include pics of the before and after too (sorry they are sideways...). Overall I love the look these reflectors, much more than the small cuts on my hands so I'd say the time and effort was worth it.
Tried to do this on my own yesterday but got blocked at the very beginning. When removing the fender flare, the tabs that lock the flare to the liner are so stubborn to disengaged. Couldn't get any one of them out of position.

So when you are talking about the "bottom vertical tab", which one do you refer to in the following pic (marked up from the IND pic)? A or B? As I did not see A in your pic.

Also how did you get that done (bending tab A up from inside the fender liner and push it out from there)? Did you use any tools or fingers only?
For tab B it seems that I have to either push it from the front bumper ventilation hole (2nd pic), or pull it from the gap behind the flare (3rd pic)?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0