View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #62
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5MC Marina Bay Blue

Happy to get this piece of auto art onto the car ... expertly fitted by Dale & his team at Autoworks Services in Swindon, UK, along with some other stuff:

https://www.autoworksservices.co.uk/

Comments ...

1. it transforms the driving experience for me, the carbon is beautiful, and i love the flat-bottom (so much so that going around 90-degree corners is now a pleasure as it allows me to see the full 360-degrees of the wheel!!). pressing that lovely red starter button, and seeing this beauty in front of you really makes you feel like you're in a special car

2. the heated aspect is a bit of a let-down if i'm honest ... the carbon area isn't heated, so it's just the leather, but the heat comes through much more slowly than on the stock wheel. but, i can live with it, it just means that there isn't much point turning on the heated wheel for journeys of less than around 15 mins

3. buttons all press just as they did, build quality is no different to stock ... except that the upshifter 'sticks' a little, whereas the downshifter is instantaneous. i've messaged Emil about this just to see if there is a fix for this, but i'm probably being a bit over the top in terms of fussiness

4. the wheel itself feels a touch smaller than stock - i must say i found the stock wheel both on my X5MC and my wife's X5 40i to be a little too large ... not "driving the school bus" large, but on the X5MC it just doesn't say "M car" to me ... this slightly smaller wheel is just right
Attached Images

Tenac4554.50
jsnkim320.50
QF8221.00