gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladm View Post
scheduled my update for monday. interestingly enough, they note that future upgrades will be delivered OTA while this one must be done by the service center, here is the quote:

Quote:
Your vehicle is equipped with Remote Software Upgrade capabilities. Future updates can be delivered over-the-air, direct to your vehicle.

I'm guessing current code is somehow broken so can't take the OTA (when I go to check for software update, it just "searching" indefinitely).
BMW has to do regression testing, which means testing of all configurations of earlier hardware and software builds to see how they handle the "update". In some cases they find incompatibilities so they disqualify certain configurafions and leave those to the tried and true ISTA/P programming session at the dealer.
I suspect you are correct. It seems that there were a few OTA candidates selected earlier this year, and I suspect that BMW learned some things from that experience - hence this offer of a "free update" to address those issues which may have hindered the OTA experiment.