03-20-2020, 09:58 AM   #1939
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
I was hoping I wouldn't have to post this but I think there needs to be some additional perspective.

Consensus statement from the unwritten rule book of modding......

2020 G05 40i engine code - B58B30M1 335hp

2020 G01 X3 M40i engine code - B58B30O1 382hp

The G05 40i will never be an M40i, or anything with an M on it. Yes BMW plays musical badges with the random placement of M badges all over modern BMW vehicles, because the Marketing dept has gone ballistic with the M brand and created layers of M categories.

1. M-sport
2. M-performance
3. M
4. M comp
5. M CS

BUT............the right side of the trunk/hatch is sacred real estate. BMW has reserved the M badge for the right side of the trunk/hatch for those cars falling into category 2 through 5. Many purists would argue that category 2 M-performance vehicles shouldn't have the M badge on the right rear as that should be reserved for only true M cars. But certainly not for any car in the lineup in category 1.

Regardless of whether there is additional hp from an aftermarket piggyback tune, it's still just a B58B30M1 with a piggyback tune. Surprisingly, having a true M car in his garage, one would think he would better understand these rules of engagement and not place M badges where they simply don't belong. Of course these are just my opinion (and most BMW purists) and we are all free to mod our cars however we like, but there are already enough M badges on an M-sport G05 40i, let's not start a trend of additional fake badges as the G05 is an amazing vehicle without them.

Happy Modding everyone. Stay safe out there. And don't forget to wash your hands.
I actually have a flash tune. Which is much more agressive than a B58B30O1 motor stock. By your logic every modern bmw with a m designation badge is wrong except the actual m models. This is current bmw language now. I think your overthinking this bigtime. It's literally no different than a m40i X3 or m50ix5.
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0