View Single Post
      12-27-2022, 12:02 PM   #65
lenox80
Rep
Drives: Honda Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
sorry, i'm confused about your inquiry. my post talked about the out-of-warranty costs to replace the high voltage battery. i spoke nothing about the regenerative braking system.

but to answer your question, no, i have no concerns about the HV battery's longevity because i won't be keeping it longer than 8 years when it's out of warranty. until then, if the HV battery goes bad, so be it; it's under warranty.

as for the braking system, coasting will feel different than a non-regenerative braking system. folk have had passengers complain of getting car sick due to the system's resistive feeling. you can make adjustments to the way you let go of or lighten pedal pressure or not. i don't release the pedal completely and suddenly like i used to with traditional coasting vehicles. i release it gradually.

regenerative braking won't affect your passenger's spinal condition. letting go of the brake pedal doesn't induce a scenario of fully pressing on the brake pedal, but the vehicle does slow down faster than traditional coasting vehicles. if you don't care for regenerative braking, there is one drive mode that coasts traditionally, Hybrid Eco Pro.
Thank you for the thoughtful answer. The Eco Pro sounds like a great solution in case the regenerative braking causes an issue. I just can’t find one to test drive and if I know it can be a feature that’s shut off.. it helps close off one risk corridor.
Appreciate 0