View Single Post
      12-12-2023, 01:18 AM   #16
leejim
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4M40i & 2012 X535d

Oil change / service intervals!

Hi, I got a new X4 M40i in 2019. I asked about oil changes was told car will tell you ? So as I have another car ( X5) the X4 doesn't do high mileage. So at 10k kilometers ( we are in metrics in NZ ) I asked when were they going to change the oil & filter etc? 30,000k I was told ? I said that's far to long it would be 3 yrs at least! So I asked for it to be changed and would pay for it to be done. I was told no! BMW say 30k.
So I changed it myself, carefully using a genuine BMW filter and the oil they recommend. I have done this twice now and I have had only 2 of the free services ? Strangely now the free servicing is over there appears a Lube sticker on the windscreen with the change interval 10,000 kilometers? When the car comes out of warranty July next year I will make the rules. Only had 2 warranty items done in 43,000 kilometers , a new coolant bottle as the original one leaked at one of the fittings and only 1 month ago the driver assist ( what ever you call it that corrects the steering when you drift over the white lines ) that motor had to be replaced on the LF wheel.
Appreciate 0