Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
So? Has this professor a name? What university, which faculty?

Look, I'm listening regularly to Prof. Dudenhöffer, the most respected "Car Pope" in the world. And his opinions are not that kind of nebulous statements your'e referring to.
Your pro - if it really exists, what I doubt - is completely wrong and seems to have no idea at all.

Edit: However, it is not so bad if the US falls behind in this regard. This opens up great opportunities for us in Europe and China.
What doesn't seem to be counted in is that, for the most part, the evolution of the ICE is over but for small improvements. Honestly I don't think that my cars have improved more than 3-4 mpg (real world) on the average in the last 10 years. For purely combustion engine, we may get another 2-3 mpg in the next few years, if that.

However battery technology is evolving at an incredible pace, and is likely to continue to do so in the next 10 years.

I could be wrong, but to me it seems that electric will win this race, and not in the far future.
Texas A&M University. I have a video of the event but it's about and hour and a half long so... if you don't want to take my word for it. I'm more than happy to post it on YouTube and link you the video.
Appreciate 0