View Single Post
      07-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #89
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
A lot of people (myself included) don't like drilling holes into the front of their bumper. I personally think front plates are pointless to have regardless not where you live. The majority of cars don't even consider the front plate mounting until everything has been designed fully. Of course there's a a way to mount them as an afterthought which is my point. Cars don't go through the window tunnel with a front plate mount meaning they don't account for the additional drag, noise etc. These are minimal things yet they bother me which is why I never keep one mounted. I had an offset mount of my X3 M40i which screwed in under the bumper and had a removable section for your plate ie I never had mine mounted. When I'd get pulled over I usually said I forgot to remount the plate after way the car. So far I haven't gotten a ticket only warnings.
Fully agreed - I'm in the 'hate it' camp on front plates. Quoting myself in multiple conversations with esteemed revenue enforcement agents in the great state of New Jersey - "What, like I'm really going to flee a crime scene in Reverse?"

It is, however, a great mulligan for potential moving violation citations, so yin/yang IMO.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0