View Single Post
      07-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #18
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espejo View Post
I don't think I stated or implied that manufacturers would store parts for dealer services. The original thread referenced a drive belt replacement which had to come from Germany. It my opinion that seemed odd since we were not talking about a critical or proprietary piece of equipment that BMW would want or need to keep tight controls over. I also understand that dealers do not like to keep surplus inventory on hand given the carrying cost of such items. My point is that I believe the "it has to come from Germany" probably byes them more time to source the part.

My point is that as to the parts which are supplied in the US or across one of our nearby borders you would think they would be able to supply the part more quickly and it would not have come from Germany. Some parts yes. So before you rant, you may want to read the post a little more closely.
I actually talk about that with the belt in my reply, it is possible they do not have "extra" from a production plant to supply to customers. The dealer should have this part pre-ordered for stock since it meets the wear and tear process. So my rant is more about the immediate opinion response about the company not performing at expectations. My post was more of a different perspective than most, which I understand is not liked by many. I pointed out possible roadblocks to such part or parts when model year one is release.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0