View Single Post
      07-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #19
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

I'm going back a bit but BMW did have spares warehouses in the US, one on each coast and I think one somewhere mid country. I ordered a headliner for my 8 Series back around 2003 and was told by a friend who works for BMW that their US warehouses didn't have any and it would have to come from a German warehouse. I placed the order and it was delivered in a week.

This also happened to a few other parts over the years. It could certainly be they have phased them out and pushed requirements onto their suppliers like many other businesses did. However, it makes sense to me that parts that have a high likelihood of being replaced would be stocked somewhere by someone. Probably with the rise of online orders from internet, sales have diminished the volume of BMW supplied parts. Heck, I now see a number of BMW dealerships selling via the internet, Amazon and eBay, which was not the case a decade ago.

Its still inexcusable to make owners wait for parts like drive belts, I don't care how new the car is...which by the way, the G05 is not new anymore, its a year old and BMW knew it was going into production five years ago.
Appreciate 0