View Single Post
      09-12-2023, 11:39 PM   #1
MC113
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW X5 M60i

Help - S68 V8 Exhaust Upgrade? ('24 X5 M60i)

Cross-posting from the Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Forum in case anyone here has any ideas -

TL;DR bolded for the main point!

I recently picked up a 2024 X5 M60i which comes with the S68 V8 and has an surprisingly muted exhaust note even after the run-in period and in the Sport Plus Drive Mode.

I was wondering if anyone has any information about aftermarket exhaust choices? I found this system when searching for accessories on BMW USA - and the page says "this fits your BMW" but in the description it says it was developed for the 40i inline 6 cylinder. When I called a local service center, they told me it's only eligible for installation in mainland China which frankly didn't make a ton of sense since it's listed on the BMW USA site. He had no guidance on what was coming or available from other third parties beyond mentioning I should look into Dinan.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/8...EXHAUST-SYSTEM

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRINT/8464

This all stems from an oversight I made when getting the car and not understanding there was a distinction between the M Sport Exhaust and an M Performance Exhaust. I assumed the M Sport Package Pro and M Sport Exhaust would deliver a prominent exhaust note. I didn't push the test drive demo car as it was still in its run-in period. One of a few oversights I made in my excitement to get back into an X5, unfortunately.

I traded in a 2020 Range Rover Sport Supercharged for my X5 (regular V8, not the SVR or anything) which I had made no modifications to and I was happy with its exhaust, so I'm not necessarily in need of anything ballistic to be satisfied. I actually quite like the exhaust note from the 2023 M550i with the N63 engine we recently picked up which has no modifications to the exhaust, either.

Open to any recommendations or guidance!

Window sticker attached if the existing equipment is needed/helpful.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
LDT1605.50
matowi330.50
Cityman193.00