View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #244
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewx5 View Post
That might be your problem right there. I see you are in Portland, Oregon? If there are only one or two dealers in your area the lack of competition offers no incentive for them to deal.

In larger markets like Texas, Florida, NE, etc. there is more competition and dealers are more willing to discount.

To answer your specific questions:

Yes, 6% off MSRP (not including $995 destination, PLUS $2,000 for financing with BMW is not impossible. The $2,000 is a rebate from BMW and does not come out of the dealer's pocket. I'm not sure about the launch party rebate. If that's "BMW money" then it doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket either. Also, don't forget you can apply for a $1,000 rebate from BMWCCA after your purchase. Again, doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket.

Are you shopping in stock vehicles or looking to special order?
I think your advice is spot on except one little nit pick: the $995 destination is part of MSRP. When you look at the summary page on the build your own page, MSRP includes the $995. I found that out after the fact because I did my deal at 6% off MSRP and the they give me more off than I had calculated myself. The difference is they included the $995 destination in part of the MSRP so I got 6% off that as well. Small victory, but still a victory
Appreciate 0