View Single Post
      06-09-2019, 09:07 AM   #3
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

No. BMW Mineral white is a brighter pearl white. It has a three paint coat process. It can be a bugger to match stone chips. My last SUV was ivory tri coat and it is almost exactly like BMW’s mineral white. It’s a very rich white but can look dirty to some of not kept clean. Artic white is mega crisp white bright. It also has its issue with matching stone chips. Metallic paint is the easiest to hide chips and touch ups. Tricoat/pearl paint is a nightmare if you have to get a section repainted. I have yet to see one get flawless. The light never reflects the same on that section.

Every color has its compromises and strengths. Dark colors reflect more but can be harder to maintain. Light colors only show dark dirt like road tar but don’t reflect as much. There is no free lunch with any color. I am somewhat of a expert in auto detailing and concourse competition. When I give a class on detailing for my PCA chapter I always get asked what is the best color. My answers is that paint colors boil down to honesty of representation. Dark/black colors are more “honest” in showing their true condition and can be easier to identify what needs done. Light colors tend to be more of a pathological liar as to what is really going on with the paint surface. In buying a preowned car it’s better to find a immaculate black/dark color as that shows how the car was truly kept and loved. You can’t fake that kind of daily car car with a black car.

Last edited by MystroX5; 06-09-2019 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 1
Sirksael102.50