01-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #24
VChenz
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Yeah, the windshield is Pilkington (not China) and the side windows is Fuyao (China). I dont trust ppl out there anymore, they are just out to make a bigger profit, there's no moral anymore.

When Fuyao (or any other company) produces for BMW, they have to meet the quality standard for BMW. But when it's their own private label, it's whatever quality standard they want to meet or lack of.
Agreed.

In many factories overseas they will have a QA person from the purchasing entity approve/reject batches of product on site. I know this from the luxury goods retail industry. The stuff they approve gets the manufacturer's branding. The stuff that doesn't...well it should be destroyed but a lot of the times it isn't as the factory doesn't want to fully absorb the loss or they just want to make an extra dime.

If you are replacing glass on a leased vehicle it has to be the OEM logoed glass. With that said, I think a lot of BMW lessees take the damage protection package on their lease. Might be worthwhile to just return it with the chip/crack if you're turning it in relatively soon. Though you should check to see if that protection covers glass.
Appreciate 0