02-25-2020, 08:28 AM   #17
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Mineral White is pearlescent. Here's mine.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/QYhDWwN/IMG-20200216-135827.jpg[/img]
The picture in this post is a perfect representation of what is great about mineral white. When the sun hits it, it sort of takes on that "frozen" or matte finish, but with shine if that makes sense. I would say it absolutely is bright white, just not pure white as flat white is.. the metal flake gives that sheen and depth to it, but it's the best "pearl white" I've ever seen because it is not yellow. Maybe they should call it frozen white instead of pearl... Like others have said, more gray/silver tones instead of yellow/tan. So they've managed to create that pearl character through a better secondary color.

In most lighting, it will just look like white from a few feet away. It is pure white enough for that. But it transforms in the sun in a really beautiful way. I suggest going to check it out on a sunny day and on a cloudy day.

Loved it on our F15. That car was for my wife and I never thought I would get white for myself, but loved that color enough, I can see getting MY next X5 in MW.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0