View Single Post
      08-04-2023, 01:42 PM   #12
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIOSCH View Post
Makes perfect sense what you’re saying though, as I say, the IAS option is still there on the UK configurator (it’s just that currently you can’t select it) and if it were never going to be available for the LCI X5 (apart from as standard on the M60i) wouldn’t the option by now have been completely removed from ‘Add more extras’, or indeed not included in the first place when the configurator for the LCI was launched? And it seems to me a distinct possibility that there is some limitation on capacity with respect to this option requiring it initially to be reserved for the M60i.

Therefore I’m going to delay placing new order until early next year and if by then the IAS option remains unavailable, will proceed without as for me not a deal breaker.

Below is image of an advert that a BMW dealer local to me (Sytner) had on Autotrader in June, for a 50e listing it with ‘OPTION-2VH-Integral Active Steering’. However, that tagged onto the description of the wheels, rather than appearing as a separate item, may indicate that it was included in error. The dealer could not explain nor confirm to me whether the car in fact had IAS but actually not convinced they even understood what I was asking about! Really very boring for them when a customer wants to know about the car, particularly anything technical - they’d far rather talk about their (expensive) finance and insurance products!

Attachment 3245559
Only way to know if that car has IAS is IMO to put the VIN in a VIN decoder.

IAS has been removed from the Belgian configurator many months ago and is still not available.
I thought it was also removed from the German BMW configurator?
Appreciate 0