Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
LexxM3 if you get chance could you do an experiment for me. My dealer killed my access to DSC_VIP_IB2 when flashing to 11/2019.x, but I don't think it's used on the G05. SASx seems to take preference.

Could you code DSC_VIP_IB2 back to stock FA, wiping out the aSLA coding, and see if it still works please? I only included VIP in the aSLA coding for completeness, they are like a mirror of SASx in some instances.

Looks like VIP (Virtual Integration Platform) is used for system integration testing, which makes sense when you look at the codes in the ECU. Haven't got my head around the coding implications yet if any.
Will do. Will turn all the aSLA functions back on today to get my mental observations primed again, then in a couple of days will code DSC_VIP_IB2 to stock and report any observed changes. (I still have it all coded but functionally turned off as it wasn't useful to me on my current daily driving environment). Hopefully my Windows-reinstalled coding environment JAVA corruption doesn't return again.

From the short read of your attachment, I don't read VIP as being non-functional (or "testing-only"). I read it rather as an alternate software interface ("API") to the braking system control, abstracting different/inconsistent BMW braking/DSC systems interfaces to present a consistent interface to driving automation software. This is pretty reasonable and practical systems engineering approach when dealing with functionally-similar-but-interface/structure-inconsistent legacy system components (although it also paradoxically further increases the number of failure points and required testing permutations; i.e. a practical short term approach that will bite back in the long term).

But we'll see what clearing it to stock does ...