Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Siri "eyes free" has been available on BMW's since 2013 with some 2014 MY cars. Short press of the mic button gives you BMW's voice assistant. A long press of about 3 seconds gives you your phones assistant (Siri if you have an iPhone).
Is this still working for folks with an iPhone and Carplay is not active? It stopped working for me with the 7/2019 update and still does not after the 11/2019 update.

There were a few threads about this when it stopped working.

It's very frustrating. I used that all the time to have Siri read texts aloud. Now I have to hope the phone will hear Hey Siri.
No it doesn't.

That is the only reason why I use apple CarPlay to be able to read text messages. I navigate with Idrive. Selecting a contact with Idrive is much easier with the idrive controller or touchpad. Touch pad isn't active for CarPlay. But I don't make many calls in my car anyway. And you also lose navigating to your contacts in idrive. So I made favorites for my frequent destinations. Listening to music is easier with Idrive but doable with CarPlay. Selecting playlists is easier in idrive. CarPlay looks nicer.
Appreciate 0