View Single Post
      04-27-2020, 05:34 PM   #18
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
OP have you driven an X3/4 M. I found the ride in the X3/4 M way too rough for what it is and was wondering if the X5/6 M is similar in ride quality. Of course its subjective, but a number of reviews have pointed it out.
I did drive X3 M competition at Monticello and streets in NE. The ride could be described as nervous on the broken pavement. Its not harsh on the regular smooth road but hitting curbs on track or potholes on the road makes the car jump. Non competition version was better with 20 inch wheels. (I believe they have the same suspension)

X6M competition - did not exhibit this nervousness. It rode over beat up Boston roads similar to X5 M50 with M suspension. Felt more composed and isolated vs x3M comp. given that 22 inch rear wheels still transmit too much road noise and texture into cabin for SUV but handling and turning is great.

To - the question of car power - car has Full power since mile 1, break in does not hold any power back on any M cars. So i did experience full engine power but like any M car it is higher in the rev range,. Again - less pronounced vs X3 M that has very low torque below 3500 RPM.
X6M - moves just not like a cannon (compared to some muscle cars) - more like a sling shot with power high in rev range.

For those looking for a cannon and no cornering. - there is always MB 63S
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MT GLE 63S.pdf (1,020.4 KB, 88 views)
Appreciate 0