View Single Post
      10-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #6
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Yes, solid blue. if you look closely at the fifth picture you see that blue/grey wire is split.
you have
- blue/grey
- brown
- blue
- blue/grey
at the receiving end.

Fog light is only on the drivers side.
None of this makes sense to anyone but an electrical engineer... lol.

I was looking at a wiring diagram yesterday, and for the G05, there was a yellow/black wire to the driver side rear foglight..... and a yellow/red wire to the passenger side rear foglight..... and a BROWN ground to both.

I think anyway? Screenshot attached.

This blue/grey split wire thing has me beating my head against the wall. Especially since it appears those wires aren't going through the most logical place to get to the rear foglight.

What are the chances I could get you to pop your foglight out, and tell me what color wires are on the actual terminal that is connected to it? It's super simple, pull from the inside (closest to the tailgate), and pull outward. There's only 1 spring clip holding it in. No tools, no screws, nothing.

In fact, I've already "installed" both my rear foglight housings.... even though there are no wires going to them. Lol. It literally took 8 seconds per side.

On a positive note, I also installed the European headlight switch in the dashboard. When I push the rear foglight button, I get a notification on my dash that says "rear foglights not available". This is a GOOD thing, because it means my car is recognizing that the switch is being pressed (my 2016 340i wouldn't recognize anything until I had the car coded)

"Maybe" that means coding isn't required?

That is..... assuming I can figure out this wiring nightmare.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0