View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 07:16 AM   #7
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

So.... I brought the car to the local Belgian dealership, and in true fashion, I got the typical response: "It's not possibluuuhh" (in my worst possible French accent).

It's actually an ongoing joke how often you hear that in Southern Belgium when you require any sort of "service".

Nevertheless, I don't believe them. It is possible, I'm just going to have to figure it out on my own. I have learned a few things though:

1. Rear foglight wiring is run behind the rear bumper (along with the parking sensors

2. That wiring originates "somewhere" in the relay board on the right side of the trunk.

3. The wires to the left rear foglight (Europe) are yellow/black stripe.... and brown.

4. The wires to the right rear foglight (Australia, UK) are yellow/red stripe.... and brown.

I've attached a picture of my relay board. (Right side of trunk). There has to be "something" different in a non-US car that has rear foglights.

Can someone please snap a pic of their relay board, that has working rear foglights?

If you happen to see a harness, plug, etc that has either yellow/black + brown, or yellow/red + brown wires coming out of it (or both?).... can you please point it out to me?

I'd be eternally grateful.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 10-20-2020 at 07:23 AM..
Appreciate 0