View Single Post
      12-13-2020, 04:21 PM   #21
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas63 View Post
So... Been trying to find time to investigate adding a second fog light for a while. My initial investigations concluded that you can power a second rear fog light from the existing one without generating a fault code or diminishing the brightness of the fog lights.

Took a little digging but I was able to route a new cable from the new left fog light, into the boot by the battery. There is a convenient earth stud here so used that for the fog light earth. I then followed the existing wiring loom to the right side cubby in the boot.

I identified the correct wire to the existing fog light in the wiring loom (Yellow - red trace), tapped into it and it worked.

Thats amazing man. Can you share the part number for the fog light if you have it. im looking for the passenger side (UK driver side fog light) as mine was dummy light. do you remember how much it was by any chance? Did you take any pics?

OP - i very much want to help but im not sure what pics you need for me to take as I have euro spec G05 (in the middle east) .

Last edited by Silver.Solid; 12-13-2020 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0