01-28-2021, 02:15 AM   #202
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwillnj View Post
I went through this with a fine tooth comb and had a few questions and a comment.

First, I noticed that there are 2 codes on the aSLA tab that are missing from the All tab. They are both in the DSC_VIP module:
C_SLA_Anzeige_Zusatztexte
C_SLA_aSLA_vorhanden

Next, was a little confused as to what the following 3 groups of codes do:

Group 1
Attachment 2515636

Group 2
Attachment 2515637

Group 3
Attachment 2515638
The aSLA VIP settings don't seem to be needed, which is probably why I haven't kept them consistent across tabs. I would code them if you can, but don't sweat it if you can't.

Group 1- unrelated settings. DCA I believe relates to the driver camera, sicht_absicht is the forward looking system used in various places including Assisted Driving View, although not dependant on it. The other 2 are related to Advanced Driving Assist System, and lane prediction I believe.

I haven't tested every setting independently. That would take forever. What I do is check what group of settings work together and that BMW have released together for a specific MY or i-step version. These settings may be across multiple ECU. Some are inter-dependant so I cannot be 100% that say, TLA is not in some way dependant on an unrelated setting in HU_MGU that I already have set but others don't, so I include the ALL MY21 spreadsheet for completeness only.

The best way people can help with this is to test and feedback their own experiences, like akakingj and Baron G15 have done.

Group 2 is the give way warning for stop, give way and traffic lights. It flashes and beeps warning as you approach these at speed. It needs an FSC purchased from BMW to work if you do not have it already.

Group 3- Trojanlaw stated that his Lane Departure Warning came on at lower speeds and more often with this enabled. However, it needs more testing and feedback.
Appreciate 0