05-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #25
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDave View Post
When they call it adaptive M suspension it's not really the same X5 M suspension right? It's just called that so it sounds good for marketing?
That's correct, it's not the same as the X5 M suspension. Well ja it's bit of "M" marketing (versus ///M marketing) but there's truth to the marketing.

Many BMW enthusiasts who prioritize sportier handling or adaptive driving dynamics will option the adaptive suspension over the base.

2VF Adaptive M suspension (standard on 40i with M Sport package and standard on M50i) offers a modified suspension and damping characteristics compared to the basic chassis and suspension via Driving Experience Control - (Comfort, Sport, Adaptive modes). The Sport driving mode offers a sportier damping ride.

2VW Adaptive M suspension Professional chassis and suspension package upgrades 2VF and influences more on the cornering behavior of the X5 by working in conjunction with ARS and VDP (verticals dynamic platform). It provides a significant reduction in the roll angle of the body during cornering and neutral driving with low understeering tendencies. The increase in driving dynamics doesn't come at the expense of driving comfort.

Appreciate 1
UltraDave127.00