View Single Post
      09-29-2019, 06:13 AM   #67
SeñorFeathers
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X519 View Post
Another cool feature of the new firmware is that the color of the car in the center console screen, actually reflects the car color you have ordered, instead of a standard metallic grey. I am not talking about the menus and such, but during parking and reversing, where this graphic is overlaid onto the video feed. Not a big deal but a nice touch.

Another observation on CarPlay, not sure of others, but on mine, it connects way faster when the phone remains on the driver side. If I put it on the passenger seat, it previously never used to connect, but now it does - albeit after a couple of minutes , and with no intervention from my part. wonder if others have seen a (similar) pattern to this? Not sure if the WiFi Hotspot antenna is closer to the driver side? (It shouldn't be so picky and directional, but who knows!)
I just noticed it and I agree it is a nice touch.

I tested iPhone 11 pro connecting to CarPlay from both drivers side and passenger side without any issues. I used to lose connection constantly with iPhone X if my hands were covering it the wrong way or if I left it in my jeans pocket.
Appreciate 0