06-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #19
javapro
Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Here's a quick video I made in regards to your inquiry.

My headlight control and HBA (high-beam assist) controls are set to AUTO as shown in the video. Since it's evening, the low beam headlights automatically come on when I start the vehicle.

00:02 seconds - I press the front fog lights switch, the front fog light indicator in the KOMBI is illuminated (right side of KOMBI green indicator) including message that fog lights are ON. AUTO headlight control and HBA is still ON including low beam LEDs.

00:07 seconds - I press the front fog lights switch again, the front fog light indicator in the KOMBI turns off and message displays that fog lights are OFF. AUTO headlight control and HBA is still ON including low beam LEDs.

Now if this was to take place during the day, low beam headlights do not automatically come on. Pressing front fog lights switch, will turn on the low beam LEDs and front fog lights. Pressing the front fog lights again, will turn off the front fog lights and the low beam LEDs.

YouTube is still processing the HD/4K video /sigh

Thank you for going out of the way to make this video. Yes, I understand all that and that’s how I thought it should work. However, when I press the fog lights button and it’s dark and the AUTO headlight control is on (i. e. low beams are on), the lights don’t seem to turn off when I get out of the garage during daytime even though the AUTO headlight button is still on along with the fog lights one. I’ll test it again to make sure but that’s how the system behaved a few times I tried it.
Appreciate 0