View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #2
dbjunction
Private
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S P90D,BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjunction View Post
I have a 2019 BMW X5 and am on version 07/2020.48 of xDrive. I use Samsung Note 20 Ultra that is currently on version 11 of Android. I am based in US.

The issue that I am facing is that my Android Auto disconnects, fairly regularly. Just drove for 50 miles one way yesterday and it disconnected twice. Basically, I will be playing some songs and using GPS via the Android Auto and the connection will suddenly drop. What I have noticed is that when the Android Auto drops and I try to reconnect, it will remain stuck in the "trying" state on the car display or show a "failed" message (again on car display). The phone continues to say that I am connected to the car via Android Auto.

The only fix that works is that I go to the Communication settings of the car and navigate to connected devices. The car shows connected via bluetooth to my phone - i disconnect it and reconnect it and on reconnection, the Android Auto again connects with both Google Maps showing on car screen and music playing through car speakers.

Obviously, this disconnecting/reconnecting is painful. It also happens with my wife's Samsung S20 Plus and used to happen with my earlier Note 10 Plus (basically, doesn't look like a phone issue).

Any thoughts or ideas? Also, I am not sure if anyone has had any luck to do OTA update in US but mine doesn't work (never worked).
Any thoughts, anyone?
Appreciate 0