Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
In Ontario,Canada Front plates are mandatory, so really makes no difference to me. I just had the dealer use the factory supplied plate mount screwed into bumper. Much more secure than the Carbonio. Now I don't need to worry about the hassle of removing the plate at touchless carwashes or when I use a pressure washer here at home. Also no snow build up behind the plate here in winter.
I am moving from Quebec to Ontario with my X5. Can I take it to the dealer and ask them to install the plate mount? I can't drill it myself....It's like drilling into myself...
There was a rumour and I was hoping Doug was going to eliminate front plate requirement in Ontario and so installed the SlyBracket at the start of this thread upon pickup. Doug chickened out, but the SlyBracket still works well. No holes, no removals for touchless car washes (would never use a non-touchless), no sensor issues, no snow issues.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25788657
I knew! I was hoping Mr.Ford can make this happens, then I don't have to worry about it when I move this Summer...Too bad it didn't happen....

I was looking at this Sly brackets. People in this thread had concerns about only two screws to hold the license plate. So is it sturdy enough?

I see you mentioned in the other post that you used a different screws because you use a frame. What screws did you use?

Also, do they ship to Canada?

Thanks
Appreciate 0