View Single Post
      10-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #40
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighStEclaire View Post
Was it Abraham Lincoln that said you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet?

I’ve been a bit hesitant to inquire again locally as I didn’t know what doing so would do to bargaining power. Probably a silly consideration. I did message the BMW USA PHEV email on their site to ask when they expected to confirm the all clear (I haven’t seen anything “official” saying batteries from now on won’t have the problem though one could assume I guess) - no response but I’m sure they are swamped and the question isn’t exactly a great one to the company selling the vehicle. Apologies to the site members who have had to read my anxieties about pulling the trigger - life is so chaotic right now anyway, didn’t want to knowingly add a bunch of maintenance trips (my sincere condolences to those without a car or the ability to charge it!)
It was Abraham Lincoln who said so. I read it on the internet.

But in any case, ordered a 45e recently. Week 47 build. No issues. Other threads have others ordering without any problems. No indication of any ordering issues in the US. Perhaps it's in other countries? No idea, but the US hasn't had any recent ordering problems that I've seen.

My local dealer did say initially that there was a stop sale order, but then said he was new and he was trying to get me to test drive one he had on hand. Then, when it turns out I wanted different options, he talked to a sales manager and "could order one no problem, but there would be no discounts on special orders but that have a lot more wriggle room on the one in stock." Other dealers I talked to through email/phone all said there was no problem special ordering.
Appreciate 1