View Single Post
      12-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #104
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e

First time I've seen that color and I like it. An earlier poster said the grills (snout) look better on this car that the 4--I agree, but I'm still reminded of the Daimler SP-250 I once owned. People called it "fish mouth". I'm sure a similar sobriquet will come into fashion for the new BMW design language.
I wonder how compliant the suspension will be. The problem with my X5 40e was that it really didn't have much compliance over bumps and I think that was because product planners put stiff suspensions on SUV's for load carrying purposes. Initial drivers of the upcoming VW ID.4 say that it has a very compliant suspension while only being a "little" tippy. Really hoping it's a little smaller than the X5, which was too large for a good grocery hauler in a city. I'm also reluctant to go for the compromised combo ICE/PHEV/EV platform, compared to the dedicated EV platforms coming from other German car companies. I guess one will need to wait and see if there are weight and interior space compromises compared to a dedicate EV platform. If the shared platform allows BMW to come in at a lower price than dedicated EV platforms, BMW will be proven correct in it's transition to EV plans. If not, I fear BMW will not fare so well.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
Frosty780.00