11-30-2022, 07:04 PM   #21
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbang View Post
I have a different problem re: Address change.
Recently, I had 1 year service done and the car still says SERVICE DUE and the notification says I need emission inspection. Florida does not require that so my guess is my address with BMW still thinks I am in NY.
I did "Hey BMW" and ask to change my home address and it did. But the service due msg is still there. Any ideas?
Sorry that this reply is almost a year late…but the statutory inspections you mention can easily be changed by using the iDrive controller (and perhaps the OPTION button, too).

In municipalities that don’t require statutory inspections (emissions & vehicle)…which is identified on the screen with a squiggly icon in front of the inspection…all you need to do is select the service and press down on the iDrive controller (or the OPTION button…can’t remember which) and it will allow you to reset the date (yourself).

I purchased my f15 X5 from NY…but we don’t have either of those statutory inspections here in Indiana where I live…so I just pressed the OPTION button and changed the next inspection to sometime later in the future.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-30-2022 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0