No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Were you trying to use AMEX?

When DR was released, I tried using my AMEX Centurion, then Plat and RG for purchase but none worked. Ended up having to use a VISA/MC.

It's an issue with their 3rd party transaction vendor - doesn't like AMEX 4-digit code. No issue with BMW ConnectedDrive Canada with AMEX.
I "think" it may be my address. The address on my CD account is in FL. However, we are currently at a US APO address. No big deal generally (I get map/weather updates on my US spec car in Europe).... but the CD account will not allow me to put an APO address in the system.

And.... all my CCs now have my APO address attached to them.

I run into a few websites like this..... they list all 50 states, but do not list AE and AP (Armed Forces Europe/Pacific) as possible state choices. Most modern websites do...... apparently BMW hasn't caught up with the rest of the world.

Going to call them on the phone tomorrow. Usually when I've run into this in the past, they can manually enter "AE" as the state.

Fingers crossed. I REALLY want this..... bad. I would pay 3x this much for it with the amount of speed cameras in Belgium. I swear, this is the speed camera Capital of the world.
I don't think we will get this in Europe because it is illegal in some countries. But you can because your car is US based and you live in Belgium.

In Switzerland if they find a camera system in your car (even turned off) or even installed on your phone they may fine you 580 euro.

In France and Germany it is not allowed to show the a act location but it is allowed to define a danger zone of 300 meters.

I Think in Belgium it is still allowed.

Best for detecting speed cameras was the Coyote app on IPhone. It warns for danger zones because you can't call them radars. It works really well it is community based. I think it was around 60 euro a year for subscription. I don't use it anymore and took it of my phone. It is illegal to even have this is your phone in Germany en Switzerland. Don't know about other European countries.
Appreciate 0