View Single Post
      02-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #24
bruza
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 & '06 Volvo S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
The key to CrossFit is to know your limits and lift well within them. I don't push myself beyond my limits, even when it means finishing dead last. The people who get hurt are those who come in and try to keep up with competitors. There was a father and son team who both ended up injured this past weekend because they were trying to prove something to each other (clearly some issues there).

I've never RXed a workout and I've been going four-five days a week for four months. That's another thing - the RX weights are geared toward competitors, not the average Joes. If you go in and try to RX right off the bat, you WILL get hurt.

Low weight, slow and steady.
This has been my philosophy as well. I've even seen people cheat (improper form, exaggerating their rep totals, etc.) their way to completing the WOD. I have no problem being last on a workout. I'm strictly there for a good workout and would like to go home injury free. I'm not there to train for the Olympics or a pro sport. Some take the cross fit thing too serious IMO.

2021 M5 Competition Marina Bay Blue/ Individual Tartufo/ Individual Piano Black Trim. Took delivery 11/27/2020
2017 X5 ///M Silverstone/Mugello Red/ Carbon Fiber Trim Turned in 11/27/2020
Appreciate 0