R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 M CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moserkm View Post
Nope. I'm just talking about a special order where I stipulate the options and colors from the standard lineup.
Just so you're using the right terminology that is NOT a "special order" it's a "customer order" or priority 1 car and it's no different than if the dealer orders it. That's very important.

All a dealer lot car is, is this:

* Dealer gets an allocation
* Dealer configs a spec
* Factory builds to spec & delivers to dealer

What you're talking about is no different:

* Dealer gets an allocation
* Dealer configs a spec (your spec)
* Factory builds to spec & delivers to dealer

The dealer can change the spec of any of their allocations up until the car goes into production so if they have an allocation not in production yet with their spec, they can just update it to your spec or any other spec they want. If you want a black/black m sport and the dealer already has one of their allocations config'd as that, then you're good to go. If not, then they just update their allocation from white/black m sport to black/black m sport and put your name on the paperwork.

Without going into all the nitty-gritty and exceptions, that's the process.

So if a dealer is telling you 8 months it actually means they don't have an allocation they want to give you for 8 months, not that that's generically how long it takes for ANY dealer to get ANY spec'd X5M.

Net-net:
Start emailing dealers all over the country and ask a simple question:
Hi dealer, I'd like to order an X5M, do you currently have an allocation for an X5M?
DO NOT SAY "SPECIAL ORDER"!

When you find a dealer that says yes, then negotiate price. If you don't like the price use a different dealer.

There are plenty of dealers with plenty of allocations.
+1!!!
Appreciate 0