View Single Post
      07-31-2016, 03:42 AM   #6
Snoopy Singh
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 E92 335D

Thanks for your replies guys.

Quote:
I am also wondering if you measure across the outputs and its a differential signal would -5 and + 5 add up to 10
I never thought about it this way, I will do a bit of research to see if I can confirmn the above.

Also, using NCS to check through various .TRC files all show Hifi in the relavent places. I also used DIS to check CIC system parameters and diagnosis requests. When I click on display results It says Audio system - Hifi. There is also a volume level numeric value in dis that increases/decreases with the volume knob in real time and I have found that with my particular headunit the volume maxes out at 64 clicks.

Using a 1Khz test tone and oscilloscope on the front left headunit output, I found that the signal wave starts to clip/distort after 62 clicks out of 64. So 61 clicks is my max unclipped output. I also checked this with a 100Hz test tone as well as a 50Hz test tone and got the same results, clipping after 61 clicks. This is another reason I'm convinced that the eq has been flattened because the signal is distorting at the same level throughout the frequency range.
Appreciate 0