Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kplatinum777 View Post
That was my experience, too. The dealership did not get the software yesterday (November 11). Someone on another forum told me--and take this with a huge grain of salt--that their dealer's service manager said BMW would deploy the software by 9:00 PM on November 11, so that it should be available today (November 12).

We shall see.

As far as negotiating for more than $500, I opened a ticket with BMW NA. It took a week, but someone got around to calling me. She basically said she would log the complaint, but that it's as far as it would go. She couldn't escalate the issue and it wouldn't change the amount. So that was a dead end.

In a perfect world, I'd sit on the phone with customer service all day and write letters, light my delivered car on fire in protest, and lead a horde of angry Bimmer fans and customers (how about those G20 folks; they are passionate!) in order to get the amount increased. In actuality, I have much too much work to be doing and I really do want the car. So I'm going to leave that one alone and focus on either trying to retrofit a screen from an earlier car or on enjoying it as is. It sucks, but that's life.

If I hadn't dithered about which trim of X5 to order for a month, mine would likely have been produced ahead of the delete.
My last BMW a 530e, got hit and totaled by a distracted UBER driver, had touch screen and I never used it, or the back up assistant. I’ve been trained to use the knob after 20 years and 4 different models that had it.

All I really want is them to use the EV credit and apply it on cap reduction on a lease. So I can just turn it in after a couple years and not have to worry about this black sheep model.
Appreciate 1