View Single Post
      11-12-2021, 05:27 PM   #34
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghines1279 View Post
My sales guy also confirmed the update was available. He said it was first in line for it, it’s been there over a week. But the service manager said it would be more likely tomorrow. I imagine the fist go around might take a little while.
UPDATE: I'm tomorrow at this point, too.

When I called my CA a few hours ago, he told me that it's been a process. He dropped the car off at service first thing this morning.

Apparently, either because of BMW Corporate or because of whatever terminal system the dealer is using, the process is janky as f*ck and the IT person has to physically go update all of their diagnostic machines to get any software pulls.

And my dealer didn't get the software update at all from BMW Corporate because their registered name in the BMW system doesn't include "BMW" in it, so Corporate thought they were an independent shop and didn't send them the update.

Finally, my CA said the dealer's IT person is busting his ass to get the update set up and ready for tomorrow, because they have four X5s in total that are sitting there waiting for the update before they can be retailed, and all of them are customer orders. The CA said he didn't know, because tomorrow is Saturday, and that my delivery might get pushed to Monday, depending upon how busy the service department is.

I'm feeling kind of pissed and impatient--especially because I would think the dealer would want to prioritize us new customers and get us delivered and done--but I'm not going to go all Karen and burn up a bunch of political capital to buffalo my way to the front of the service dept. line. After all, I will have to interact with these people when I take the car in for routine service.

So, I guess I might have to wait until next week.

As for the retrofit touchscreen I ordered (which is shipping from China, yet), it may arrive to my house before the car itself does, honestly. I just checked the shipping, and it appears to have reached the Memphis hub, which is in the same general region of the US as my state and town. It might get here tomorrow.
'22 Outback Touring XT
'06 XJ Vanden Plas
Appreciate 1