View Single Post
      11-14-2021, 05:13 AM   #44
RgDawgs
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplatinum777 View Post
UPDATE:

My CA, without my prompting, texted me and said that service wouldn’t be able to get to my X5 until Monday, and that he wished he could do something about it. He suspected that they didn’t have a qualified tech on staff who could do it.

So it was looking like I would get my X5 45e on Monday, at the earliest.

But then, later this afternoon, I texted him and asked him what the cost of the floor mats were. He told me, but also told me that service did in fact have time to get to one touchscreen-delete X5 today, and they chose mine. And that I’d be able to pick it up today.

I was indeed able to do just that. And now Jake (that’s his name, I think) is charging comfortably in the garage.

I was, for the record, also asked to sign an acknowledgement that I knew the vehicle didn’t have a touchscreen. I think, for BMW’s part, this is less about avoiding lawsuits from customers—after all, what case would anyone have?—and more about preventing customers from saying “But the CA told me it had a touchscreen! I want my money back.”

What’s really funny, though, is the 2016 copyright date at the bottom of the acknowledgment form.
Excellent that you will be able to take delivery. A great looking car. Are the front windows tinted? Is this a dealer option? Just curious as I’ve ordered my first BMW and expect tinting will be first thing I need to do. It would be nice to have that done when I pick it up.
Appreciate 0