Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcus2man View Post
Comparison photos below. Tips are angled on driver side at 3 and passenger side at 9. The inside tips really bother me and I think I am returning. Not sure I feel comfortable trying to cut off 1/4 inch for the inside tips—knowing me I'd just destroy both of them.

Unfortunately I think cutting the inside tip to shorten it/achieve better alignment is required for these exhaust tips posted by the OP. It looks just awkward enough in my opinion with the inside tip angling upwards and getting blocked by the exhaust openings along with seeing that exhaust within an exhaust look.

My last resort is trying to find a local exhaust shop to get their opinion on options.
I agree with the assessment of how yours look, but looking at your last photo it doesn't look like the inside tip is installed straight. Your photo is almost straight on the exhaust but if you look at the installed inside tip at the OEM exhaust edge its not centered within the tip; it looks like the inside tip is pointing up instead of being parallel to the ground.
When the inside tip is installed dead start at 12 o'clock (drain hole at 6 o'clock), it is even more pronounced and points upwards due to the shorter inside exhaust pipe. It looks very awkward. Previous posters are putting the point of the tip at 3 o'clock (on driver side) to help with a better angle—meaning the drain hole is at 9 o'clock.

I might give it one more go and try the
Appreciate 0