View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #19
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

I just went to my online owner's manual and noticed language saying I can activate one free smartphone digital key.

Activate BMW Digital Key

The vehicle owner must present proof of authorization for his vehicle at the service center to be able to use BMW Digital Key.

The vehicle owner configures a digital key code at the service center to be able to enable additional digital keys at a later time.

Purchasing digital keys

An initial digital key is provided in the BMW Connected app when the vehicle is purchased.

Additional digital keys can be purchased via the BMW ConnectedDrive Store. The purchase of digital keys can cause costs.

The period of validity of a digital key is limited. The expiration date of the validity can be checked in the BMW Connected app and in the vehicle.

If a digital key has expired, the vehicle can only be unlocked and locked for a limited period and a limited number of engine starts is possible. The corresponding information is shown on the Control Display.
Appreciate 0