No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Wow. I never heard / thought of that.

I know that with the surveillance cameras on my house I can't make a movie of the street and the people and cars driving through. (But I still do record a bit) You have to register your cameras with the police and tell how you are using them and what you are doing with the data.

And that is strange because a similar regulation should exist with the drive recorder as it is recording public places. I have the drive recorder from factory an no one at the dealership told me to register my camera like a surveillance camera on your house.

Well this is Belgium. If you don't tell nobody will know you have a recording of an accident. I just wonder how legal it is and if it looses any legal usability if you don't report it ASAP after you had an accident your self. But in Belgium laws are made to use at your best convenience anyway. So ASAP is open for discussion. Like not being able to put it on an usb stick sounds like a good reason for delay.

I haven't tried it yet but can't you use the camera button next to the gear lever to start recording? Or is the preset button easier to use?

I am still figuring out what is best. I am recording all 4 cameras a lower definition. It can also record just one In higher definition. But according to Murphy's law the accident will probably happen at side that is not being recorded.
As far as I know, everything is true. It's what I was briefed when I got here.

The camera button on the center console only works under a certain speed, and it also doesnt record. I went to the drive recorder app, highlighted it (but didnt open it), and then saved it as preset 1. Now, when I hit 1, it automatically brings up the record menu, and I can start recording with 1 touch. I think it inly does 40 seconds at a time though. Nothing is stopping you from recording multiple videos though.
I thought, like mentioned below by VENTGR the panorama camera switch (panomera &#128540 does this. So if you long press this button left to the gear lever it will initiate recording. So just with a single 2-3 seconds push.

Just tested it going to work and it works like that indeed.

It makes senses if you want to record a potentially dangerous situation that you can do this with a single push and have to look at the screen and search.

If you can do single push recording with the preset button it would even be better. Because that button is easier to find.
Appreciate 0