View Single Post
      03-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
ssadri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540xi M-Performance

Clicking noise from the front wheels of G05 40i with 22" M Wheels (Axle Replacement!)

A couple of days ago as I was slowly driving out of my garage while my front drivers window was opened, I noticed a very unusual clicking noise coming from my front left wheel as I drove out. It seemed to get louder as I would slow down before a complete stop at a light or a stop sign right before fainting away. I took it to my local dealer at Irvine BMW yesterday, and they had me leave it with them to investigate the noise as well as it seems I had a few needed software updates that needed to be installed.
I just got a call from my service advisor today, that they were able to replicate the noise and determine that I needed an axle replacement! Kind of weird to experience this kind of an issue only about 4000 miles in on a brand new car. They also mentioned that because of how new the car is, the part has to be ordered from Germany and it would take about 7-10 days to arrive.
I don't know if this is a common issue or just an one off situation, but I highly recommended checking to see if you hear a clicking noise from your wheels while driving with your windows down to see if you experience the same clicking noise while driving.
2009 BMW X6 50i Dinan (Sold) Alpine White
2003 BMW ///M3 (Sold) Laguna Seca Blue | 1995 BMW ///M3 (Sold) Santorini Blue II
Appreciate 1