View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 05:01 AM   #327
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Whizz UK View Post
So perhaps a useful comparator as I've got roughly the same spec car, and roughly the same miles (9,000). I've just done a 4 hour each way run up and down the country yesterday. Going up, I sat on the motorway at 75 in comfort, and got 39.8mpg. Coming back I put it in eco and cruise control and got 38.2mpg.

Pretty pleased with that, and if it's like my G30 experience, I should get an incremental increases at 12,000 and 16,000. As a reminder, for me it's not about the mpg per se but the range - now on a theoretical range of 670, which for a car that size, fully laden, is pretty good and I think mind 700s should be possible. Roll on when we can actually get to blast across Europe again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Whizz UK View Post
So perhaps a useful comparator as I've got roughly the same spec car, and roughly the same miles (9,000). I've just done a 4 hour each way run up and down the country yesterday. Going up, I sat on the motorway at 75 in comfort, and got 39.8mpg. Coming back I put it in eco and cruise control and got 38.2mpg.

Pretty pleased with that, and if it's like my G30 experience, I should get an incremental increases at 12,000 and 16,000. As a reminder, for me it's not about the mpg per se but the range - now on a theoretical range of 670, which for a car that size, fully laden, is pretty good and I think mind 700s should be possible. Roll on when we can actually get to blast across Europe again!

I second this. On around 12k Miles. With 7 seat option.

I regularly achieve between 37 mpg to close to 40.

Again, I'm more focused on range. Anything close to 700 is, for me, a fantastic achievement.

And is mind boggling for a car this size