Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilajio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Whizz UK View Post
So perhaps a useful comparator as I've got roughly the same spec car, and roughly the same miles (9,000). I've just done a 4 hour each way run up and down the country yesterday. Going up, I sat on the motorway at 75 in comfort, and got 39.8mpg. Coming back I put it in eco and cruise control and got 38.2mpg.

Pretty pleased with that, and if it's like my G30 experience, I should get an incremental increases at 12,000 and 16,000. As a reminder, for me it's not about the mpg per se but the range - now on a theoretical range of 670, which for a car that size, fully laden, is pretty good and I think mind 700s should be possible. Roll on when we can actually get to blast across Europe again!
Quote:
So perhaps a useful comparator as I've got roughly the same spec car, and roughly the same miles (9,000). I've just done a 4 hour each way run up and down the country yesterday. Going up, I sat on the motorway at 75 in comfort, and got 39.8mpg. Coming back I put it in eco and cruise control and got 38.2mpg.

Pretty pleased with that, and if it's like my G30 experience, I should get an incremental increases at 12,000 and 16,000. As a reminder, for me it's not about the mpg per se but the range - now on a theoretical range of 670, which for a car that size, fully laden, is pretty good and I think mind 700s should be possible. Roll on when we can actually get to blast across Europe again!

I second this. On around 12k Miles. With 7 seat option.

I regularly achieve between 37 mpg to close to 40.

Again, I'm more focused on range. Anything close to 700 is, for me, a fantastic achievement.

And is mind boggling for a car this size
That is not bad at all. With my 45e I have a mean of 42 mpg since a got it in December. But that is with a lot of charging.

Since March due to covid I only did shorter trips and I have 80 mpg for the last 1600 km.

With my former 640d GT I really didn't manage to get under 34 mpg. Even in eco pro but that really takes the fun out of the car. And at the end that was only a difference of a few mpg more not enough to suffer driving around in eco pro all the time.

45e is a great engine. Electric around town, instant torque and the inline 6 petrol with a great sound and power when you need it. Without tax regulations the 30d or 40d would probably the ideal engine. But in Belgium the 30d is actually more expensive to drive as a company car than the 45e.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilajio View Post
Quote:

Quote:

I second this. On around 12k Miles. With 7 seat option.

I regularly achieve between 37 mpg to close to 40.

Again, I'm more focused on range. Anything close to 700 is, for me, a fantastic achievement.

And is mind boggling for a car this size
That is not bad at all. With my 45e I have a mean of 42 mpg since a got it in December. But that is with a lot of charging.

Since March due to covid I only did shorter trips and I have 80 mpg for the last 1600 km.

With my former 640d GT I really didn't manage to get under 34 mpg. Even in eco pro but that really takes the fun out of the car. And at the end that was only a difference of a few mpg more not enough to suffer driving around in eco pro all the time.

45e is a great engine. Electric around town, instant torque and the inline 6 petrol with a great sound and power when you need it. Without tax regulations the 30d or 40d would probably the ideal engine. But in Belgium the 30d is actually more expensive to drive as a company car than the 45e.
I imagine the 45e sounds amazing.

The offer on the 30d was too good to turn down, the the range on the 45e was long enough to Justify the e.

Maybe going forward, when most of my journeys are sub 20 miles I'd definitely consider the E